Accounts Payable Invoicing
Vendors conducting business with AES should familiarize themselves with the following information regarding our company’s accounts payable processes.
AES’ accounts payable team is committed to paying vendors on time, in compliance with AES internal policies and international and country-specific rules and regulations.
To ensure timely and accurate payment, vendors must follow the invoicing requirements below. If a document is received and does not comply with the stated requirements, it will be rejected and returned for re-issue.
- All invoices must include:
- Valid AES purchase order number provided by a procurement analyst or the requester of the goods or services
- Identifying number (invoice number)
- Invoice date
- Invoice due date/payment terms
- Vendor’s name and address
- AES “bill to” name and address
- AES “delivery to” name and address
- Detailed description of the goods or services provided
- Effective term dates of service, if applicable
- Goods quantity
- Price of goods or services
- Total amount due and billing currency
- Additional charges such as freight and sales tax should be separate lines on the invoice.
- If VAT is being charged, invoice must include:
- VAT registration number
- VAT rate
- Amount of VAT charged
- All credit or credit notes must quote the original invoice number and purchase order they refer to. Under no circumstances should the vendor use credits to reduce future invoices.
- All vendors’ invoices should be sent as a PDF or other electronic document format to the following AES e-mail address (which is also stated on the purchase order): [email protected]
- If an invoice must be sent on paper, rather than as an electronic document, in case of any particular and exceptional reason (e.g., country legal requirements), please send directly to the AES office location.
DISPUTES AND QUERIES
AES has a dedicated accounts payable helpdesk that offers support to our vendors to achieve resolution in the event of disputes or queries on invoice payment. The helpdesk team can be contacted by email.