Last Updated April 1, 2021
This website is operated by Acurian, Inc., (“Acurian,” “we,” “our”) on behalf of Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (“AES”). AES is a business unit comprised of the legacy companies Acurian, Synexus Clinical Research Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Synexus”).
If you are a resident of the State of California, this Policy also incorporates Acurian’s Privacy Notice for California Residents, which includes additional information required to be provided under California law.
The Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect and Use It
- Professional Contact Information. We collect professional contact information that you choose to provide to us through forms on the Website, including your first and last name, company, email address, telephone number, and the AES services in which you are interested. We use this information to communicate with you about your inquiry, to administer our relationship with your organization, and to send you updates, including marketing communications and other information in which we think you may be interested.
- Technical Information We Collect Automatically through the Website. We automatically collect certain technical information about your device and your use of the Website. This information may include network routing information, information about your device and browser, your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and the date and time of your visit. We also automatically receive and record information about your interactions with the Website. We use this information for various purposes, including to analyze use of the Website, to improve the Website, and to secure the Website. For more information, please see the “Cookies/Tracking Technologies” section below.
In addition to the uses described above, we may also retain and use the personal information we collect about you:
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process;
- to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements; and
- for other purposes with your prior opt-in consent.
How We Share your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties to accomplish the purposes set out above and for the additional purposes set forth below.
- Our Affiliated Companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies, including Synexus, Optimal or PPD.
- Our Service Providers. We will share your personal information with our vendors, consultants, and other service providers (e.g., call centers, email service providers, and other technology providers) who we engage to perform services on our behalf, and who are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose.
- To Protect Our Legal Rights or Comply with Legal Requirements. We may disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Sale or Transfer of Corporate Assets. In the event of a merger, sale, joint venture or other transaction involving a transfer of our business or assets, we may transfer your information to other parties involved in the transaction. Any entity acquiring our data assets will do so with the express, written commitment to use the data only for authorized purposes, and to maintain a similar level of privacy and information security protection. You will be notified via email or notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information to other third parties with your prior opt-in consent.
Cookies / Tracking Technologies
As is true of most web sites and applications, we gather certain information the use of our Website automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you. We use this information to analyze the use of our Website and to improve the Website’s functionality.
We and third parties with whom we work may also place cookies and use web beacons on the Website to collect information about your browsing activity, and use that information to deliver content relevant to your interests, including our advertisements, on our Website and elsewhere on the internet. We may also use those technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, however most browsers will allow a visitor to choose which cookies can be placed on his or her computer, and to delete or disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some features or areas of our Website may be limited.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- We may sometimes obtain your consent to particular uses or disclosure of your personal information, which we refer to as “opting in.” If you have opted in to a particular use or disclosure, you may revoke your consent (i.e., “opt out”) with respect to further uses or disclosures at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any uses or disclosures that occurred before the withdrawal.
- You may opt-out from receiving our communications, including promotional emails, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each communication you receive. To completely opt out of receiving communications from us, please send an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to [email protected].
- You may request that we provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information, please contact us at [email protected].
- You may request to correct your personal information, modify your contact preferences, or delete your information by contacting us at [email protected].
We maintain information security safeguards that are reasonably designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and alteration. Please note however that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Data Protection Laws
In jurisdictions with data protection laws, we will ensure that individuals can exercise all relevant informational rights regarding their personal information we process, including the rights of access and correction, to prevent direct marketing, block processing, and erase data.
Links to Third Party Website
Our Website includes links to other websites and applications (including but not limited to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter) whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites and applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Inquiries, Complaints, and Requests to Exercise Rights
All communications, queries, requests to exercise informational rights (e.g. access to data) or complaints should be addressed:
- by email to [email protected]
- by fax to (215) 323-9001, Attn: Privacy Officer
- by regular mail at Acurian, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 2 Walnut Grove Drive, Suite 375, Horsham, PA, 19044.
Children Under 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 through the Website we will delete that information.
Changes to the Policy
From time to time, we may make changes to our Policy to keep it current with industry standards and as required by law. We will post the date of the most recent revisions on this page. Please check back here from time to time to make sure that you are current and up-to-date on our Policy. Please keep in mind that your continued use of our Web site means that you accept this Policy. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes taking effect.